The 7.30 report did a great report last week highlighting how vulnerable women, especially older women are to homelessness. Too many women are homeless. Lack financial opportunity and unequal pay has its part to pay in rendering women homeless. View 7.30 Report for more details.
You and Money: Free 5-wk course for women (starts Thurs 24/10) Places limited.
5 Thursdays 11am – 1pm | Starts 24 October 2013 |WIRE 372 Spencer St, West Melbourne
Rather walk over hot coals than talk about money?
If your answer is YES, you’re not alone and this course is for you!
Join us for this FREE independently-run jargon-free and judgement-free course just for women over 5 weeks.
Numbers are limited to 10 so book early and don’t miss out!
In this 5-week course you will:
- Identify realistic financial goals and develop a plan to meet your goals
- Learn about credit cards
- Get tips on how to save for things that are important to you
- Learn about superannuation
- Discover how being a woman affects you financially throughout your life and what you can do about it
5 Session dates: Thursdays 24 & 31 October and 14, 21 & 28 November 2013
Time: 11am to 1pm
Venue: WIRE 372 Spencer Street, West Melbourne
Download You & Money Flyer
BOOK YOUR PLACE NOW!
Book online: www.trybooking.com/DQNL
All women are welcome!
For details please contact WIRE on (03) 9348 9416 (option 2) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tell us your story! #CallOutSexism
- When did you first realise that you were treated differently because you are female?
- What are some ways we can call out sexist behaviour in our daily lives?
- What have you done that works? Or hasn’t worked?
- How did your experience make you feel?
Sharing your personal story will encourage others to reflect on their own experiences with sexism. Naming sexism is an important first step. By discussing sexism openly we can better support each other and share ways we can stop violence, abuse and discrimination against women.
WIRE is inviting all women living in Australia to share their personal story or experience with sexism. #CallOutSexism